Be Smart and Know Your Rights

Don’t drive dirty!!!
90% of my clients end up in trouble because they are driving “intoxicated’ with a suspended license or with marijuana. Remember if your car is titled to you then the police can see if you have a suspended license and that gives them PC or probable cause to pull you over.

Don’t talk to the police!!!
Of course you have to answer basic questions under most circumstances but if a police is questioning you they are usually trying to get more info to use against you. Remember “what you say Can and WILL be used against you.” You should be cooperative but don’t tell them anything that may get you in trouble. When in doubt just say you want to talk to a lawyer.


If I’m pulled over should I blow?
NO, even though it is true they will likely get a warrant for your blood sometimes they don’t. Remember it’s not your job to give them evidence against you, make them work for it because it may work in your favor.

If I don’t have papers should I stop if I get in an accident?
YES, if you’re illegal or if you don’t have insurance stopping and giving your information is required by law. If you run then you commit the misdemeanor class b called failure to stop and give information.

If I get a traffic ticket should I just pay it?
NO, some tickets wont effect your record but most will at the very least add points to your driving record and therefore raise your insurance rates for you vehicle. Further some offense result in immediate surcharges ($ you have to pay to DPS) or trigger immediate suspensions. You should always consult an attorney before just sending in a fine.

Do I have to have been married in this state or country to get divorced in Texas?
NO, you can still get divorced here no matter where you married, although you must establish you are a resident of Texas for at least 6 months preceding the filing of the petition.

Can I put child support on myself even if I’m not married?
Yes, you can for free go to the Texas attorney general and sign yourself up for child support or sign up the other parent to pay child support. Realize that the Texas Attorney General represents the child or children not you and your interest at all.